- 750g-1kg Bony meat Chicken/beef/Mutton
- 750gm Mehran Basmati Rice (Soaked for 30 minutes)
- 100gm Yogurt (Whipped)
- 5-6 medium Tomatoes (diced)
- 2-3 medium Potatoes (peeled & quartered)
- 3 medium Onions (Sliced)
- 2tbsp Mehran Garlic paste
- 2tbsp Mehran Ginger paste
- 1 cup Fresh coriander (chopped)
- ¼ cup Fresh mint leaves Chopped
- 8-10 Green chilies ( small, whole)
- 1 Lemon (Thin sliced)
- 1 cup Oil/Ghee
- 1 packet/50g Mehran Sindhi Biryani Masala
- Food color (As desired)
1- Heat oil and fry onions until becomes golden. Now dish out the fried onions, crush and keep aside.
2- In same oil add Mehran Ginger & Garlic paste and fry for few minutes then add meat and tomatoes. Cover and cook until tomatoes become soften. Add Mehran Sindhi Biryani Masala, fried onions, yogurt, green chilies, potatoes and ½ cup green coriander, stir fry for 5 minutes.
3- Add water (chicken 1 glass- mutton/beef 3-4 glasses), cover and cook on low heat until meat becomes tender and half cup gravy remains. Then spread the sliced lemon, ½ cup green coriander and mint leaves.
4- In separate pan add 10-12 glasses of water, 2 ½ tbsp salt and boil. Add soaked rice and cook till the rice is done ¾, remove from heat and strain water.
5- Set 4 layers of prepared Masala and boiled rice one by one. It should starts from spiced meat gravy then sprinkle food color. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-10 minutes until rice is done.